|Square Dance Items For Sale|
When one gets started in square dancing, they are told of Proper Square Dance Attire. These can be the long sleeve shirts and either slacks or jeans for the men...and the square dance skirts or prarire skirts for the women. The attire is usually the same for round dancing, clogging, etc.
Unfortunately, there comes a time in everyones life when they have to get new outfits (they outgrew their old ones), or to reduce their time in this wonderful hobby...and for some, they have to give it up altogether. As a result, they have outfits now that they no longer want or need...and they want to sell them...preferably to a new dancer...at a price that's usually much cheaper than what they paid for it new.
For those dancers who have been at various Special Dances (especially the big weekend festivals...including the National Square Dance Convention), you know that the prices for items at the various vendors are NOT cheap. In some areas, some dancers have recycle shops, where those who are having to leave the hobby...or part with outfits that no longer fit them (the webmaster has several outfits in this category), it gives the owner of the recycle shop (and the dancer selling the items) a chance to make a small amount of money. But, more importantly, it allows a new dancer to buy a used outfit, at a price much more economical than buying it new.
And, this applies to callers and cuers as well. There comes a time when they have to reduce their time in the hobby, or get out of it...and they usually are willing to sell their equipment and records (or nowadays, the CD's and players), for a reduced price. In Arkansas...if not in other areas, the number of dancers, clubs, and callers and cuers has DECLINED over the years...so much so, where some parts of Arkansas no longer have square or round dance clubs in their area...and one has to drive to a Special Dance to get to dance anymore.
Return To Top Of Page
1) Usually, once an item is bought from one of these recycle shops...or from callers, there is likely no refund, as all sales are final, and all items are sold as is.
2) Before you pay the money for clothing, shoes, records, etc., be sure to get with the person selling them, and inspect the items. Most dancers wouldn't give others a ''bum steer''...but the phrases ''Buyer Beware'', and ''You Get What You Pay For'', apply.
3) Financial arrangements between the dancer and the seller are their responsibility. Items listed will be assumed to be in good condition, etc., unless otherwise noted. The webmaster will not be liable for the results of any transaction, quality of items, etc., or lack thereof.
4) Listings will be on this page for thirty (30) days, unless the Webmaster is notified via Feedback. If Feedback was not received, the Webmaster will assume that the items previously listed have either been sold, obtained, or are no longer wanted.
5) To list, or re-list items after 30 days, please use either the Feedback page, or contact information from the ASSDF Officers page, or in The Modern Square.
Return To Top Of Page
New outfits...never been worn.
Size medium blouse. Red broadcloth. White ribbon trim.
Full skirt is red and white broadcloth with Arkansas embroidered down the front. The entire outfit is serged. There is red and white ribbons serged on entire outfit.
Outfit is $75.00. Made by Iuna Williams member of Pistol and Petticoats Square Dance Club in Jonesboro, Arkansas.
For more information, contact Cathy Haigwood Beesley from the information on the ASSDF Officers Page (Historian).